Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

August 28, 2019

Apple Pie, Crisps, and a Full Belly

Our apple trees are ready for doing something with. The apples are a little smaller than last year, but much more plentiful. Therefore I started working with the corer, peeler and put 72 cups of apples into 6 of these bad boys and 8 Crumbles. 


 5 pies and 8 crumbles made it to the freezer! One got sacrificed in the quality control exercise. It passed with flying colours.

This is God's gift to apple peelers. I don't know how I ever got along with out it. It peels and cores and slices with just a crank of a handle. Well worth the cost in time saved!

Now, I have half of one tree picked with another 2 1/2 to go! I think I will be giving apples away, after 6 more pies!

3 comments:

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.