Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 15, 2018

Bits and Pieces


Things have been pretty quiet around the area lately. I couldn't find much in the way of wildlife other than Daphne. The grass is getting long enough that she is having trouble finding rabbits.

Before

She is still loving a swim on a hot day! Wet, she looks like a drowned rat.

After

 I caught up with a great Blue Heron. one of my favourite birds.

 For a skinny, road runner type bird, she has a large wingspan.



The Marbled Godwits are back in the fields rooting for food in the mud.

 The Killdeers are showing up again.



 Alas, our wrens have now left their nests. Hopefully they will be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.