Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 16, 2018

The Roof is Done!

Last year, I replaced the shingles on the house with metal. This year's goal was to do the garage, also known as my Man Cave. The shingles were badly deteriorated on one side. First of all, the garage was strapped with 1x4 inch lumber, then the 14foot x 36 inch metal was put on.


It took me about 4 days to do the job, working by myself. It really is a one man job. However, it was stinking hot, so lots of rest-in-the-shade stops were done



I think it looks pretty good. Yes I am blowing my own horn. The roof should last longer than I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.