Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 3, 2018

Desperate Times!

It has been raining for the better part of a week! On a positive note (there must be one somewhere), we have hatched and said so long to the family of Chickadees, and one family of House Wrens. A second family of wrens has moved into an empty bird house and has hatched a family. Lots of bugs going into the nest!

 
I have been getting desperate for some photos so switched to bugs and other small critters. I missed weeding some clover and got this shot of a bumblebee as a result.


 I also found this single, all by itself, flower of Strict Blue-eyed Grass. I am not sure why it is called blue-eyed as the center is yellow, but that is what my app identified it as.

I still like this photo of a female Red Winged Blackbird. She was not happy at me getting into her turf.



Then of course there is the Dandelion seed bunch. It is amazing how symmetrical it is!
I guess that it is it for now and maybe for a little while due to my redoing the roof on my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.