Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 27, 2015

Mostly Quiet at the Feeder


A New Guy showed up today, a Hairy Woodpecker. He is very cautious, but with time should tame out.

 I will have to get to suet cage set up. 

 The next are a few shots of a few Bluejays that are hanging around.

 It appears that I have inherited 6 of these guys.

 My neighbour keeps trying to lure them away, but I appear to have a superior (and secret) feed mix!


 Going, going....

 Gone!


3 comments:

  1. your winter birds are arriving (or staying put).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauties!

    I don't know if I've forgotten how large they are or just being silly but the Blue Jays seem to be larger this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will they eat pumpkin seeds Ian- you should have plenty!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.