Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

May 18, 2021

Read It and Weep!

 Here is a page depicting the 1946 Cost of Living! In 75 years how did we get to the prices of today?


I am no economist, but I put it down to Compound Interest Charged on loans. For example, my parents bought their house, a three story 3 bedroom home with basement for $1500.00. When I sold it I got $35,000.00 for the house. To buy an equivalent house in 1983, would have cost $40,000.00.

Now if my parents had taken a loan out to buy the house at @7 % interest they would have to get the $35,000 equity out of the house.


Other items affected by CI is the price of food, wages, etc. I would suggest that the buying power of todays wages is comparable to those in 1946.

I remember as a kid, a quarter meant you were rich and could buy a pop, a chocolate bar, and have change for a pocket full of candy.



2 comments:

  1. How times have changed and became expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
    cheap wig
    These contents have greatly helped me.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.