Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

April 28, 2020

Yesterday Was a Ducky Sort of Day!

It was a great day for pictures! Alas, the River is opening up and the birds are dispersing to their nesting areas. In the meantime, I had fun!

Here are a pair of Common Goldeneye


A Canada Goose making a big splash on arrival


Two male Greater Scaup


A Pair of Bufflehead


A Male Common Goldeneye


A male Hooded Merganser


Tundra Swans


The Tundra Swans are a lot bigger than the Canada Goose!


A pair of Mallards


Canada Goose Mating ritual

Three Canada Geese fighting for the right to mate


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these photos. No ducks around here. In response to your question, I am in central Kentucky, on a small farm. Typically I will see some geese and cranes, but no ducks.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.