Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 15, 2019

Getting Out Again

Now that the 3 week Monsoon has ended, I was able to get out and about. Daphnie and I did an 8 km walk on the Town's paved walking trails. The bush otherwise was too soggy.

I came across this very cooperative Mule Deer. I told Daphne "No" and she just sat with me and watched.


 You can see why they are called Mule Deer. The ears are very expressive!
 She was curious and walked up to about 20 feet away.
 Then off for a pronk. Note all 4 feet are off the ground. They hit with all four feet and bound.
 Back for another peer at us.
 What are you guys up to? How come that dog isn't chasing me?
 The natural grass is getting up close to 4 feet high.
 Yep, if it weren't for my ears, I bet you would walk right past!

3 comments:

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.