Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

March 8, 2019

I was shocked!

Yesterday and today was clean up the garage day and put the snow blower away for the year. Elaine said it was way too early. We woke up to snow flakes today with about 2-3 cm forecast. I have been doing it by hand all year so that little amount is really nothing.

I also look forward to the spring seed catalogue coming in. I enjoy looking at all the exotics (Zone 7-8) that we can't plant. We are Zone 2-3.

Well, a seed catalogue did come in and it said "The time to plant is now"






Well, here is our garden on March 8. It would be hard to dig at this time of year let alone plant
Methinks the catalogue must be from the deep South, or they are extremely optimistic!



I was in the grocery store the other day and saw some veggies that looked like blackened, shrivelled up onions, but bad ass ugly.
It turns out that they are Dasheen, a food from the Philippines. Well, one had a slight green sprout on the end so I thought "Time to garden", but inside. I planted the little dude and here is the progression.


One Week
Two Weeks

Who Knows what it will grow into?

1 comment:

  1. So much snow and what it will grow into is something someone who knows more than I do

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.