Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

February 28, 2019

Tough Getting Out

After having 2 1/2 weeks of frigid cold, like daytime highs of -30C, it has been difficult to get any photography done. The area has also seen the coldest February in 40 years according to the weatherman. I just love Global Warming! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. No, that's ice crystals forming under my skin.


 Photography has consisted of watching the birds through the kitchen window . The Red polls are all fluffed up and are eating me out of sunflower seeds.



I get 5 or 6 Pine Grosbeaks at least twice a day at the feeder

 The Red Polls don't seem to mind the cold. How they don't freeze solid I cant quite figure out
I did find this Whitetail while out on a drive. She seems to be doing well and looking as if she might be slightly pregnant  Think warm, folks!

1 comment:

  1. the birds are just beautiful!! new ones for me, i would love to see them at my feeders!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.