Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

June 15, 2016

Weird looking!


It has rained the last few days, but I went for a ride with the camera anyway. The light was not good and I had to boost the ASA way up to 1000, creating some non-ideal photos.

To quote my reference book Birds of Alberta, "The American Coot looks like a delightful blend of left over pieces from other birds: it has the bill of a chicken, the feet of a grebe and the body of a duck"


It appears to be quite friendly towards others in the pond.


I wish that the lighting had been better, but maybe slightly blurred is best.





He/she was quite content to float along eating vegetation.



Kind of like a chicken on steroids.



1 comment:

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.