Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

April 18, 2016

Something Different Today!

I decided to go and sit beside a beaver pond today. The sun was out and we broke a record for the warmest April 18 ever at 26.1 C.

It has taken me a while, several years in fact to find the perfect spot for beaver watching.
This little fellow at about 30 pounds was very cooperative.He swam around the pond, hopped up on the dam then swam up to me. I could not get the lens to retract fast enough to get him in focus at a distance of about 4 feet!
This was the best I could do for a close-up.
Happy munching to you!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creatures. Photographs well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really some great shots! We have had a beaver dam/lodge on our farm before, but I didn't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely, thank you for these amazing shots

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.