Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

February 20, 2016

A Doggone Good day!

Actually, it was several good days! A 5 kilometer walk with the dogs was very good for all three of us.

 There was lots of snorfelling. What they were looking for I don't know. Maybe mice.

 Daphne was the first to lose interest.


 At home, the Red Polls were posing.

 The Hairy Wood Pecker was back. He hasn't been around for a few days.

 This was a new addition to the feeder. The dogs put the run on her pretty quick.

 Then on the way home, I spotted this lady riding in the field. I stopped to take a picture, and got an invite to a Cutter ride. My first ever! It was fun! The pony's name is "Annie".

 Yep, I could get to like this! Too bad horses are a thing of the past for me.


6 comments:

  1. I'll bet that was a fun ride! The snow looks so pretty when it's not on my driveway! :) And snorfelling...what a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic outing with great pictures to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the birds are especially beautiful against the snow....the pups too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bird photographs are just beautiful; a real delight to view! And what a fortuitous meeting you had; that must have been a great ride. You just never know what a walk will bring. . . .thank you for sharing!

    Warm Regards,
    Lisa in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos as usual, a 5k walk is something I could have managed a few years back but not so much any more hell some days I am in pain after 100 meters which sucks but doesn't stop me for going for a morning wakk

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome is that sleigh?!!! So nice that you were treated to a ride!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.