Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 20, 2015

Deer, Oh Dear!

I took a walk today and found a few of the critters near town. First we have the Mule Deer, a pair of twins from this year.


 They were grazing in a field on what is left of the grass. Most is now brown and dead looking.

 I can't get used to the ear size. We didn't have Mule Deer back in Ontario, just White Tails.

 This Mulie finally got the last dandelion of the year.

 Farther out of town I walked up on this White Tail buck, alias "Pickle fork". You don't get antlers much smaller than this!

 The doe was blending in to the back ground very well. I almost missed her.

 I zoomed in a little closer. She never moved as muscle, counting on her camouflage to protect her.

All in all, not a bad couple of hours!

3 comments:

  1. Jo-Anne's Ramblings has left a new comment on your post "Deer, Oh Dear!":

    Dear oh dear oh me I have only ever seen deers on telly or blogs never in the flesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos,as always! I can't stop chuckling over "Pickle Fork" for an alias. . .those are some mini antlers! Well that immediately took me back to a childhood memory from the late 1950's (oops, I really date myself...). I clearly remember being chastised by my Grandmother for not setting the pickle fork for her homemade butter pickles sliced on a lovely crystal dish for Thanksgiving dinner. I think the reason it stood out in my memory after all these years is it was perhaps one of the first memories I have of my Grandmother acting all "fussy and fancy", as she used to say. She generally was quite a hoot, and it seemed so odd to me that she'd make a fuss over a fork. Thank you for triggering that memory for me!

    Warm Regards, Lisa in Oregon

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.