Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 5, 2015

Surprise!

In this mess of leaves  I found a few surprises. I was rooting around wondering what could be in there, and I found a bunch.


 This big one was completely hidden by the foliage. I cleared some away to let the sun at it to ripen. It is about 14 inches tall, and probably the biggest pumpkin we have ever grown!

 They were all hidden from view.

 There must be about 6 pumpkins and 8 or 9 spaghetti squash. 

I see lots of pies and meals in the near future!

5 comments:

  1. I like this kind of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I don't know what it is about growing pumpkins, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is the right type of surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You got some great squashes in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a joy to see the bounty of the garden like those! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.