Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 18, 2014

Pond Life

I decided to take both dogs for a walk to the pond today. Yesterday, I only took Brooklyn and Boots howled his head off in protest! They were both very well behaved, but I don't know how many more walks Boots has in him. He was shaking in the hind end pretty bad by the time we got home. 

 The lonely little muskrat was still swimming around.
 A Magpie was squawking in the tree at my presence.

The pond water is getting pretty cold . Brooklyn did one retrieve and then lost interest. Boots dropped the pond level a lot having a very long drink.No ducks or geese around and none flying.

5 comments:

  1. poor old boots...

    love the muskrat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Boots...age comes to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor boots...I feel his pain! :( I'll bet though, that he still loves being out there with you, being part of the action!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.