Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

May 27, 2013

Caught Napping

Sunday was a do nothing day after church. I debated on having a nap, or introducing the horses to fresh grass and horse candy. The latter won out.

I grabbed a lawn chair and vegetated for an hour and a half.

 I am still in the go-slow mode on how much fresh grass the pigs horses get at any one time. It was sunny after 3 days of rain and the grass was growing well. It was also peaceful except for the sounds of heavy munching!
 I chose not to rope off the drive way, but rather go with  the halter and untied lead rope. The horse know to move slow and keep off the rope, or suffer an instant correction.
 Munch, munch, munch!
 Boots took it easy also and kept a good eye on the herd.
 A very good eye!
 A couple of cow birds came in to browse around the horse's feet.
 Boots is not a bird dog, but definitely had an interest in the cow birds.
 Munch, munch, munch!
All in all, a very relaxing afternoon!

7 comments:

  1. boots NEVER relaxes! i LOVE that sound of happy horses chowing down as fast as their jaws will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good after winter in the Great White North!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing more wonderful than good horses and a good stock dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh the way a lovely Sunday afternoon should be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, Boots is such a good dog. An afternoon vegging on a chair while the horses munch, sounds like a nice peaceful afternoon to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to let my horses graze like that back in the 'old' days, and have been contemplating it. But after seeing Emmy crash through the gate, I'm a little unsure now! I think they'd be fine, especially with me keeping an eye on them.
    It's amazing how fast they graze over a small field!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy you never mind a lawnmower you got them lol.My hound knows what a horse looks like,one got loose from the pasture next door and came over and said hello to him and left a big present by our front gate. I don't think Orion knew what to do,we called it a big dog to him.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.