Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

May 12, 2013

Around the Acreage

Things are really starting to green out.

 The horses are finishing up their shedding and are starting to look like horses again rather than Woolly Mammoths.
 The sudden jump in temperature has brought out the flies. It's almost time for the face masks.
 Boots is always ( almost) on guard.
 A few more trees have been nibbled over the winter., Fortunately, this one was already dead.
 A single viola has made an appearance.
 A few wild strawberry plants are flowering.
 Sometimes it is really hard to get a tree to die!
 Brooklyn does not handle heat well.
 Tucker is still looking very scruffy

All in all, I'm starting to believe that spring is actually here!

9 comments:

  1. boots just makes me smile! bless that boy!

    our black flies are out like crazy here. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you don't have 2 feet of snow on the ground! YAYYYY!
    The horses look fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the greening except for the darned flies that come with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The snow is finally gone - I think you might actually have a little spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first greens always look so beautiful. The flies do make it look miserable for the horses. I hope Tucker can have a good summer. Enjoy your warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! The horses in our area are looking so spiffy and shiny but Sterling agrees - it has been too hot the last 2 days (I tend to also agree). Lovely seeing the buds and flower tho - finally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep finally after all that snow I do believe spring is there.The trees are so pretty and the horses are looking really good.Some dogs like heat some don't.We are going to be close to 102 here later this week BLAH!I perfer cold myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely looks like spring is there - and here too! Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing that when things wake up, they do it really fast! Seems like as soon as the snow melts, in the blink of an eye everything is coming out :) Really enjoyed all of these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.