Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

March 30, 2013

Spring is Coming!

 The snow is still plenty deep where the sun don't shine much
 However, in select spots there are a few glimmers of hope. Up against the hay shelter there is GREEN GRASS!


The level in the holding area has dropped about 2 feet in the last three days and water ( plus other things) are flowing off the field.
It seems that we have been waiting forever for this to start!

A few people have reported geese flying on the Athabasca River, but I haven't seen any yet.

4 comments:

  1. LOVED brooklyn and mad max plowing on thru. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you have some green peeping through...I'm sure you're ready to be done with snow! You know, the first thing I thought of when I saw the last picture...hmmm I guess that top wire isn't "hot". Or else that's a really brave grandson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, it's looking mighty Spring-like up there :-). I love the photo of the dogs in the snow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had geese and swans flying over here in MT for a few weeks. Now it is just warm and DRY!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.