Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move

November 4, 2012

First Hunting Trip of the Year

This is the guy that I went up the mountain to try and find. He hasn't been around for several months,but I was kind of hoping to come across him. The weather was not good with lots of cloud, fog and high humidity.


I walked and rattled for 4 hours,but never saw a thing. None of the tracks were new and the walking was tough with about 6 inches of crusty snow on the ground.
I would like to see just how big that rack grew over the summer. Next time out, I will head for lower areas on the mountain. I doubt that anybody got him in bow season, as he is pretty wily. there are no current pictures as the day was really gloomy.

7 comments:

Karen @ away for the weekend said...

Oh, he's really beautiful! I'd love to see how much his rack has grown, too!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, Ian... he's so beautiful... I hope he is fine.

Michelle said...

My husband is impressed at the size of this deer. Nice.

Ian said...

Bobbi Jo Nichols has left a new comment on your post "Just Two More":

What amazingly beautiful pictures! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Sorry, Hit the wrong button. :-{ Ian

Barefoot from Heaven said...

I remember these pics. What a shame you couldn't track him down and surprise us with a winter white glow around this beautiful fella.

well have a happy day.
Hugs Dagmar

jean said...

Deer are one of my favorite animals. They are so magnificent and graceful. I hope your deer is just busy being a big beautiful buck somewhere where he has his little flock of does.

Lana said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful moments with the BEST shooting ever!

Beautiful antlers.

Lana