Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 14, 2012

More Stumping and Scenes

With the cooler weather and the fields eaten down, it was time to start the annual stump removal program. The horses watch to ensure that no grass is being destroyed. After two days, I was able to fill the trailer with stumps.
 There have been no bites for the free firewood, so I guess once the snow flies, I will have three large bonfires of firewood. Pity!
 The mattock makes short order of the stumps, provided that they are rotted up enough.
 Alpine: " No cutting up grass! I like to pick my own salad!"
 The yellow jackets are still swarming. They know their time is near.
 When they are stopped by the camera, it is amazing to see the patterns and colours .


 While cruising around the uncleared area, I did manage to find two choke cherry trees. There was not enough to do anything with this year, but if I open that area up a little and get more light in, then maybe choke cherry jelly is on the program for next year.
I have been feeling listless for the last couple of weeks and yesterday I decided to go back on my Vitamin D pills for the winter. I started with a triple dose and today, I feel better than I have for several months.

2 comments:

  1. as much as you do, i can't imagine you listless. :) time for burns already. my, that year sped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... maybe I need vitamin D too! When the weather gets cooler, I wouldn't be surprised if people come for the firewood. Looks like you've accomplished a lot with that pasture.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.