Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

January 7, 2012

Apocalypse 2012

The CBC television station carried a special called "Apocalypse 2012", on DOC Zone. it was kind of interesting to see how the Mayan calendar is being interpreted by some. Apparently the calendar runs out on December 21, 2012 and that is supposed to be the end of the world according to these people. The Mayans devised a calendar that lasted about 5000 + years, so the speculation is that when it runs out, disaster comes.

It is  kind of interesting to see at what lengths people are going to to be prepared. Folks are building skyscrapers underground at a cost of $1.5 million per floor. Back yard shelters are in vogue again, and lots of people are making money selling these things. It kind of reminds me of the days of the Cold War when folks were building bomb shelters,or Y2K when all financial and manufacturing systems were going to melt down and global ruin would occur.

The fear of dying was prevalent in the program. Now, Doomsday has been predicted by several religious sects in the past, and people have sold everything and made themselves ready for the end. It didn't come!

It struck me, that if the end were to come on Dec. 21, why are these suppliers selling these shelters? It must be to make money. What good will money be after Dec. 21? Seems weird to me!

With what is going on in the world regarding the breakdown of social, moral and ethical standards, it is likely true that we are in the end times. Accepting that, when Jesus was asked when His second coming would occur, He replied that no man but the Father knows the time and place. He also warned us to beware of false prophets even those that are performing miraculous acts, and that many would be deceived. He told us to carry on, not to fear or be deceived.

The fear of death seems to be on the rise in this world among non Christians. As a born again Christian, I do not fear death as I know what the promise by God to me is. I would welcome the scenario as promised in the Bible.
Am I in a hurry to check out? Definitely not, as I enjoy the blessings that God has granted.

I am putting the program down as a scare mongering one, again to help others get rich.




7 comments:

  1. i'd make a horrible survivalist. just kill me first and get it over with, would you?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said - I too saw this weird show - providence always wins - peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think this is such a scare tactic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful to know that God is in control and when it's time, the Lord Jesus Christ will come on the last day. Here is our blessed hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had thought of it first so I could enjoy my ill-gotten gains on the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TV programs that scare people are almost always in the money making business... follow the $ and you'll find this to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The devil has free rain but as God said If my people would humble themselves & pray I will heal the nation. It is our job to pray for those the world prays upon & in parts fear. As you quoted no one knows the hour or day. If only we could all believe his word. Maybe some never heard. You have delivered His truth. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.