Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 11, 2011

Enough Already!

Royalty Free RF Clipart Illustration Of A Cartoon Man Caught In A Nasty Rain Storm by Ron LeishmanWe are being inundated with rain! The fields are flooded. The fields are running off. The Athabasca river is under a flood warning in Whitecourt. In 10 years I have never seen the river this high! It doesn't affect us because we are about 800 feet above river level, but it gives you an idea just how much water is coming down

My wheelbarrow filled up and overflowed over night. My empty fish pond also filled up.

In June we had 4 rain free days. In July so far, we have been rain free for only 3 days.
Each morning when I get up, I check for webbed fingers and toes! You'd think we lived in B.C.

On the positive side, the hay for the horses is growing like crazy down the hill. How they are going to get in and cut and dry it is unclear. Hopefully, the rest of the month will be drier!

Now, whoever is out there  doing the rain dance, please stop immediately, or go to Texas, where they need some help.

Anyone in the area found dancing in a circle will be shot on sight! You have been warned!
No more Mr. Nice Guy!

6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! At least you requested the change of rain address to Texas! we're desperate for some and we're not even in the worst areas! what wouldn't i do to hear/smell/see/feel a really good rain again!? i better learn that dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can't complain about being on day 5 of heavy afternoon rain with high winds and a little hail. June was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send it to Kentucky. We are boiling hot here. Temps close to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please send a little rain here to Virginia! It's very hot and dry! I would ask that you send the horses too but I know the answer is NO!!! Give them some treats from me please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send a little to Tennessee, as well. We don't need it, mind you---I just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you! We are getting it too....We had a big flood here in Central Alberta yesterday!! We were in the Okanagan last week...it was WONDERFUL Hot and nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.