Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 2, 2010

Week Four

The little guys are getting to be a fair size now, and once I get their run area finished, will be looking at the great outdoors for the first time next week.

By then they will have learned how to regulate their own body temperature. So, any days over 70 F they will be outside looking for anything green, anything that crawls or anything that flys , within reason.





The only turkey in these pictures is sleeping by the water font. You can tell by the snood at the base of the beak.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! Thinking how good they will be come Thanksgiving! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little chicks get big fast! It is so funny to watch them when the get their first taste of the outside world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian, whow I've missed out on lots. Little babies everywere, cute white feathered ones, snuggly brown fourlegged one and a sore (knee, elbow???) part of you. I'm sorry it happend.
    Gladd to be catching up with you and thanks for your constant comments on my posts.
    hugs and heal soon and well Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ian !

    On the dehydrators...I like the type that has multiple heat setting and timer.It will cost a little more probably but will give you greater control and more choices on your food. Every time I get my dehydrator out my sons face lights up and he ask,"Beef Jerky"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey again!

    I got my seed from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.