Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

June 16, 2010

For All You Wildlife Fans!

I was out walking the fenceline when I heard this wild clucking sound. This is the reason why I generally have a camera in my pocket.

This mother partridge (or Ruffed Grouse) was very, very upset with me for getting too close to her chicks.
I saw three chicks take off and fly for cover, but was unable to get pictures 'cause they were so fast. There were about the size of a cow bird, and really speedy!


The hen was bristling and would make a run at me, then try to get me to follow away from the direction the chicks went.

Finally, she flew into the tree and at that point I figured it was time to let her be.

She gave me a half hour of entertainment that you can't put a price tag on.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I was visualizing the entire ordeal. Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I was wondering do they taste like chicken? What a great opportunity God gave you! What a blessing to see His creatures doing exactly what He designed them to do.

    Blessings brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Ian, sometimes I wish I wasn't a city slicker.

    Great Photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat! Good pictures, too! Are there many around where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! We don't have these kinds of birds running around here. I also love looking at your previous posts with your horse and all of your new fluff balls! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent photos Ian!! It is always wonderful to soak in the gifts of following Him, to be at the right place at the right time. Peace

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.