Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

June 24, 2020

It's Been Awhile!

I seem to have migrated away from blogging. Why, I'm not sure. With the pandemic, I have been watching the news, but have backed away from that also. I was getting depressed. Why does nobody push good news? When I was in the paper making business, the joke was "Good news doesn't sell. I guess that today it is even more true. What have I been doing to keep myself going in this age of depression?

In September of 2019, I started serious walking with my dog, Daphne. To date we have walked a total of 1,257 miles, burnt up 152,338 kcal, and taken 2,549,600 steps. Daphne has done a lot more miles as a straight line is unknown to her. We have enjoyed a lot of wildlife and forest trails together.

My goal has been 5.1 miles per day.

My camera goes with us and here are a few of my pictures that I am happy with.


Wolf Spider
Wolf Spider

Daphne at Rest


Killdeer
Bald Eagle


Canada Geese
Great Blue Heron

Female Tree Swallow

Male Tree Swallow

Savannah Sparrow

Mallard Hen plus Ducklings

Solitary Sandpiper

Spotted Sandpiper


2 comments:

  1. Yeah it has been a while, nice to hear from you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. About another 900 miles and you would have walked the Appalachian Trail! Great photos, I am learning how challenging it is to take good bird pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.