Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

June 22, 2019

Mixed Bag

Today was the first day in a week without rain! I came across a few things of interest.
The first was this slightly (well very) pregnant Whitetail doe. This is the normal time of year for the fawn (s) to be born. She is very, very close! I did see another doe with a gangly thing running to keep up across the field. I figure that one was maybe 2 days old.
 A couple of mallards were in a small slew which was grossly over flood stage. They were not in any hurry to move, even with Daphne eyeing them up.
 I found a couple of Killdeer along a sandy spit. When they sit, they are very hard to spot
 They blend in very well
 Unless, as shown in the next two photos, they flop around and do the broken wing act to get me away from the nest. I didn't look very hard to find it.


Its good to back out sleuthing around.

Life is good! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.