Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

March 18, 2019

Why I Always Bring My Camera!

On my daily walk with Daphnie, I couldn't take my normal route due to a flooded creek. I thought I would go to the Athabasca to see if there were any migratory birds back. On the way we came across 2 moose, a cow and a calf. Last years calf was almost as big as mama, running about 1000 pounds.

Well, Daphnie was off leash, saw the moose and took off after them. They moved off the trail a bit, and stopped. After a couple more yelps, Daphnie stopped too. Both looked at each other and allowed me a few photos, not as good as if they were on the trail, but still interesting (at least to me). I attempted to move closer, but got the old "stink eye". They slowly moved off. My closest was about 25 feet.

I couldn't get both Daphnie and the Moose in the same picture due to the height of the moose, the shortness of Daphnie and the depth of the snow.
Caution: Potential Multiple Photos!











1 comment:

  1. I am glad you take your camera because you take such awesome photos

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.