Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

January 5, 2018

Alternate Paths

Today was a nice warm day and I was planning on going ice fishing when a better offer showed up. A friend with two slightly overweight horses was looking for someone to go for a ride. It was hard to say "no"to so I agreed. Monty was a 10 year old horse that might have been difficult. Instead, she turned out to be very well behaved, backing with leg pressure, turning and spinning with indirect rein. The only time I used the bit was to hold her back on the hills when it was very icy. We rode for an hour and a half through the trails in the woods. Surprisingly, I was able to get off and walk normally! We were going to go further but the hills ahead of us were too slippery. A quiet return home was the better idea

Thanks Michelle! It was fun

Now I have a few pictures taken during the -32C  session.



1 comment:

  1. really beautiful birds and captures of them. i would much rather go riding than ice fishing, you made a good choice!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.