Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

May 12, 2017

A Real Downer!

 I was out birding in the local down town park when I noticed this Common Loon behaving oddly. I snapped a few photos and did not realize what was wrong until I got the shots on the computer at home. The Loon was lethargic and allowing me to approach to close. It was obviously in distress.


The problem was a big fishing plug wedged sideways in the mouth with some of the leader wrapped around the bill. I contacted the Wildlife office today. They were aware of the issue, but I didn't get any answer what, if anything, they were going to do about it. I mentioned that a bird in distress and flopping around in the Park was not a good thing for children to witness. I will keep an eye out, and if I can catch it, I will, and get it to the vet. My canoe is not big enough stability wise to deal with a bird this size.


1 comment:

  1. That is sad to see. Hopefully he will get some care.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.