Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

November 6, 2016

Out for the Day


It was supposed to be sunny all day so I decided to take the rifle and go browse a few ridges looking for a trophy buck. The weathermen were wrong again! It was flat light, cloudy and kind of dreary overall. The only saving grace was it was warm, about 10C or about 50F.

I came up on two Whitetail does, that flashed me. I settled down and waited to see if there was a buck hanging around. No such luck and I got to watch them for about 45 minutes. They gradually worked their way down wind and blew and snorted many times before moving off. Note that nobody was hurt in this viewing, and I got a couple of pictures.


2 comments:

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.