Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 13, 2016

First Day Out Hunting


Bow season opened up and I managed to get out for a few hours. I am very picky and am looking for a good trophy. These pickle forks don't quite cut it.



I managed a few hours of dozing in the sun waiting for the right one. Maybe Thursday will be better.


Of course, my camera goes along. I am almost enjoying the camera hunt more. There is less work to be done once the shutter is tripped!



The old knees don't like the up and down of the hills. I will have to head north to the flat lands.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful deer/bucks!! I understand the whole hunting thing but I could never kill one. Just couldn't do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the beautiful pictures you take of them....oh know then your going to shot it..... (I get it too...about hunting and I'm fine with it....just saying they are so beautiful!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickle forks...now that's new one! Your camera did some great hunting, even if your bow passed this one up!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.