Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

March 24, 2016

Northern Shrike...A First

I heard that there were a few in the area, but until today, I have never come across them


 Apparently they are rare to uncommon from October to April in this area.

 He was very skittish, and it was difficult to get in camera range of him.

 Hopefully, he will stick around for a while, and I can get better photos.

The Northern Shrike is also known as the Butcher Bird for the habit of hanging his prey on barbed wire fences etc. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a meanie! I don't know this bird...not sure I want to know it. But he is pretty- and I'm glad you got shots of him. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.