Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

February 2, 2016

Gone Walkabout

 We did a long walk today trying to find some wild life. When I stepped out of the truck, this Downy Woodpecker was in a tree overhead. We also saw one grouse (no pictures due to dogs giving chase), one chickadee (ditto) and not much else. 


 It was a bright, sunny day, a great day for just walking. The temperature was just below freezing.

 We walked along the edge of a Larch plantation. It was very large. If you notice the planting density of 2400 trees per hectare, it was very thick. The Larch, or Tamarack as I know it, is naturally occurring, but somebody has plans for these in about 20 more years. 


I was wondering what type of critter made these tracks.


When I caught up with same critter, it turned out to be a very tired Brooklyn, sort of a side winder.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.