Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

August 24, 2015

Ospreys and Deer

Although the Ospreys have all left the nest, they are still hanging around


 This looks like the male, but it's hard to tell.


 Along the path, I saw this Mule Deer doe. She was laying down, but got up when I raised the camera. I had the two dogs with me, fortunately leashed.

 She was not disturbed at all.

 I wonder why they call them "Mule" deer? Maybe because of the ears?


3 comments:

  1. Except for the ears very similar to our white tail deer.

    Great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such big ears you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that they are called Mule Deer because of their ears. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.