Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

April 17, 2015

Time to Check Out Who Is Back

I decided to head out and check the ponds for Snowbirds (the original type, you know, those that head south for the winter).

 The Mallards are returning and don't seem to mind a little ice.
 They are already paired up and looking for a nesting site.
 The geese have been back for several weeks, and have now moved from the fields to the ponds.

 The Mallards are all prettied up in their breeding plumage.
 There were even a couple of San hill cranes in the field.

 They are definitely well camouflaged.
I am still looking for the good beaver shot, and I did find a couple of promising spots today. I need it a little warmer, then I can sit out for a few hours.

It's great to have spring here again!

2 comments:

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.