Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 16, 2014

Scarcity of Critters

It was another super hot and smokey day. I took Brooklyn for a swim and long walk. The only critters wandering about were some magpies, a Blue Wing Teal (female), and two sandpipers(?) 


It's hard to get magpies in flight. I may have to bait them with a pile of popcorn, if I can keep myself from eating it all. :-}

 These were only about 10 feet off shore, but it looks a lot farther.



6 comments:

  1. love the magpies. don't get them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love magpies. They look so exotic, especially in flight! Noisy, though!I recall them getting into the garbage bins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hot and smokey - no one wants to be out including the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Magpie shots - I can never get that close to one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smokey here too! ugh!
    lovely photos...

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.