Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move

July 16, 2014

Scarcity of Critters

It was another super hot and smokey day. I took Brooklyn for a swim and long walk. The only critters wandering about were some magpies, a Blue Wing Teal (female), and two sandpipers(?) 


It's hard to get magpies in flight. I may have to bait them with a pile of popcorn, if I can keep myself from eating it all. :-}

 These were only about 10 feet off shore, but it looks a lot farther.



6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the magpies. don't get them here.

peihome said...

I love magpies. They look so exotic, especially in flight! Noisy, though!I recall them getting into the garbage bins...

MTWaggin said...

It is hot and smokey - no one wants to be out including the birds.

Montanagirl said...

Nice Magpie shots - I can never get that close to one of them.

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Bloody great

Tammie Lee said...

Smokey here too! ugh!
lovely photos...