Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

May 22, 2014

Sleuthing Around the Slough

I spent a half hour hanging around an Alberta pot hole. It's amazing the variety of ducks that hang out there. First of all there was a Shovel Bill duck

 Then a Blue winged Teal
 The female shoveler was pretty laid back

 She kind of kept giving me weird looks.
 The Drake was keeping a close eye on her.
 The Blue winged Teal was getting ready to vacate the pond, then changed his mind.
 When I say "kept a close eye on her", I mean CLOSE!
 Then all of  a sudden, he got a little bit shy.

4 comments:

  1. The blue winged teal sure is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a weird look:) Great shots Ian I can sit and watch the birds any time. B

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.