Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move

November 23, 2013

OK, OK, It is Pretty

The short term memory loss must have kicked in as I don't remember all the details of snow blowing 400 feet of driveway and 2500 square feet of deck. Nor do I remember the 2 1/2 hours of exercise, much.
(If you believe that, I heard of a pretty good bridge for sale cheap).

It warmed up from the -28C (-18F) to -10C (14F) today so I decided to find the snow shoes in a packed and stacked garage.

Besides, Brooklyn needed some exercise. Boots elected to stay inside on the bed.
 This is the backside of a deer going by the deck
 50+ cm (20 inches) of snow so far and it is only November 23!
 Do I have to break trail, Boss?
 Yep, we'll get some weight off you somehow!
 Never follow a tired dog!
 Can't a person have some privacy? Really!
 The young fawns of this year are already belly dragging. Not a good sign!
 Homeward bound, on the trail.
 The shoes are 50+ years old, and still going strong.
Yep, I guess it is pretty!

8 comments:

Montanagirl said...

LOVE these photos and your commentary is hilarious. Thanks for making me smile!

TexWisGirl said...

what a refreshing way to get out in it! yay, brooklyn! but i love that boots is enjoying his retirement. :)

Michelle said...

I like those snowshoes!

Peace Country Homestead said...

Nice pictures. I think you have received more snow than me. And I am not complaining.

S. Etole said...

It is beautiful but yikes! That is a lot of snow so early in the season.

Bev said...

Yep it is pretty... Ive enjoyed a bit of it...but I would be sorry to leave it:)

Mary Ann said...

Oh my gosh. I am so glad you will be in town soon, so Elaine will not have to worry about you.

luckybunny said...

LOL your commentary was hilarious here, great pictures and what a hoot!