Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 15, 2013

A Busy Week!

Since the last post, here is a brief re-cap. The horses sold to a good home! The hay sold at what I paid for it.
The property has been shown 7 times and there is a signed contract to purchase, with the usual conditions such as water quality report, real Property Report,subject to financing and inspection report. On our side is the ability to find suitable accommodation etc.

Now, we get to look at places!

I decided to take a few photos of the fall colours around the place, just as a reminder of what was.




It appears Boots is adapting well and has taken retirement in stride. He is eating well, sleeping well, and taken to herding me! Or trying to.

Brooklyn is basically Brooklyn! Eat sleep, go for a truck ride, repeat.

The exodus of surplus material has begun. One large half ton truck of scrap metal has been taken to the dump. The stuff I am keeping is being moved to the garage, slowly, and the shed now has a floor that can be seen. Next on the list is going through the boxes that were stored and not opened 10 years ago. That will be divided into keep, Repeat Boutique, and dump. I would imagine most will go to the dump.

No bites on the saddles yet, and I may have to advertise farther out.

Still in conversion mode from Life on an  Acreage to Life ?


9 comments:

  1. you are definitely making progress. if you can sell and move before the snow gets deep, i'd be grateful. keep us posted.

    and good luck with that 'stuff'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things seem to be moving forward without too much trouble, which is really a blessing. I wish you the best I. Tying up the loose ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best as well. It's so hard to leave a special home and acreage. When we moved back to Montana from Alaska in 2001, it was rather hard. Now our daughter, who is still living up there, has two darling little girls. Wish we'd never have left. Thank goodness for Skype and Alaska Airlines (Companion Fare).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are moving right along! I hope finding a suitable place for you and Elaine goes well! Love the pictures you shared...it is indeed a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful acreage. Prayers that all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to "read-up" on your huge transitions. I can't wait to see how your artistic eye finds wonder and beauty in your next home. I pray you and Elaine will find a perfect place to start a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, things do seem to be moving right along. I hope it all continues to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big progress and Boots does seem quite content :) Hey, it's a brand new adventure ahead of you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh, I am so glad you have a buyer... that was so fast! I'm sure it eases your mind, Ian. I am guessing the dogs are going with you and Elaine. I know you'll miss your bush.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.