Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

June 23, 2013

More Bugs

When a guy finally starts to get caught up around the acreage, more time can be spent with photography. The white lilacs are fully out now which means that the opportunity for humming bird moth pictures will become limited shortly.
 It is difficult to get a head on shot. For some reason, they seem to prefer side shots.
The tiger swallow tails are all over the place!
 Hopefully, there will be some butterfly diversity shortly.
 Some of these guys are getting pretty beat up. I don't know whether it is due to the wind, rain, or old age.

This two toned lilac doesn't seem to attract insects the way the white one does.

9 comments:

  1. just love your lilacs, no matter what they attract. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lilacs. Have never seen a two-toned one before. Good shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like that last close up of the lilacs...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great close-ups! It's interesting to see what flowers attract different species.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you give me hope.. I hope I live to see my white lilac grow large and bloom, and see what visits her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great shots!!! Enjoyed the deer and hummingbird moths too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad the swallowtail is already so damaged. I've never really seen this butterfly. In the Netherlands it is also only on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.