Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 6, 2012

Fall is Getting Close!

Hundreds of these yellow jackets are swarming our cedar trees. It was like sitting in a cloud trying to focus the camera on one. This is a sure sign that fall is near. In fact, I took the snow blower out of the storage shed and put it in the garage, all ready to go. It even started on the first pull!
 There are also a few wasps mingling in with the swarm.
 This baby wood pecker was sitting in the tree enjoying the hum of the wasps and generally having a good restful morning. By the size of him, I am guessing he's from a second hatch.
All is pretty quiet on the home front, so I figure on going out and washing some windows. Blecht!

2 comments:

  1. Just got finished washing some windows here...and then I ran out of cleaner. That was a good excuse to stop!! It's hard to believe that winter will soon be here. Really. I didn't enjoy this summer's weather at all, but I'm not sure I'm ready for snow, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures. I imagine fall will be gorgeous up there. I remember washing my windows every fall in order to let as much light in as possible for the winter. I understand the feeling!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.