Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 11, 2012

Bliss!!!

Life is much better! Yesterday, an installer showed up and hooked this up on the roof. We can now access the internet via satellite! It is fast! It transmits during very high winds and I mean really high winds! it works through cloud and rain! Wow, life is good on the old Acreage!

On a more laid back note, I actually saddled up Alpine and took her on a two hour trail ride. She was keen and ready to get out of the pasture! The day was +25C, no wind and sunny. No pictures, but lots of memories. Tucker was scheduled for today, but with the very high wind, I elected to try later in the week.

Most of the summer stuff is put away for the winter. All that is left in the garden are the onions, potatoes and carrots. It has been a very good year for the root crops with lots of moisture. The composted horse manure also does wonders.

We are borderline frost in the evenings, so I would imagine that I will be digging up veggies one of these days soon.

With the high speed internet, I am going to try to get back to posting and commenting again. Did I mention that the new access is $20 per month cheaper? Talk about a winner. Can you tell that I am just a little bit excited?

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like feeling connected to the world at a faster, cheaper rate. I would feel so isolated without my internet connection. It's amazing how fast cold weather is approaching your area. I'm glad you've had a great garden harvest. And your ride sounds like it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now THAT'S awesome! faster, more reliable AND cheaper! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! It's been almost a year since we switched to high speed from dial-up, and it's sooooo much nicer! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear about your internet. Living in the country, I really value mine for connecting with others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Texwis girl sent me as I live in Canada and have terrible service. I pay $80 a month for terrible service, I have a stick. We farm on two hundred acres in Ontario and I have phoned for satellite service I am waiting for the man to come see if it will work(test inspection) keep your fingers crossed:). It appears to be $20 cheaper too. I will no longer be restricted to 3GB. Yeah I am glad yours works it gives me hope.
    Nice blog shall return. B

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.