Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

April 12, 2012

Always Prepared!.....NOT!

Normally, when I go out to work with the horses, I take my camera and hang it on the fence post with the camera on the outside of the post to keep inquisitive noses off.

Today, I did not.

Picture this. I am on the pasture side of the fence grooming Alpine (man is she tossing hair). The other two horses are standing by waiting for their turn when I looked up and saw Boots laying down watching the horses. That dog has a compulsive disorder of some kind. Just behind him are two deer at the salt lick about 30 feet from me and 10 feet from Boots.

I reached for my camera, and..... Somebody give me 12 lashes with a wet noodle!  The camera was in the house!

I was left watching two horses watching two deer who were ignoring one dog.

To top it off, they one by one walked over to the fence and jumped it by a good margin.

No photos today.

Grrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, how could you leave the camera behind!! And miss the deer..
    I love looking at the snow the picture are so beautiful, but glad I can't feel the cold.
    I jumped out of bed this morning and ran to get my camera, because I heard my neighbor next door saying, "just look at that big 'roo (kangaroo) over there at Beryls"..by the time I got back to take a pic, it was gone. Hey Ian. did you know deer and roo's have a similar head...amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.