Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 24, 2011

Quiet Monday!

We know winter is close when the Monk's Hood starts flowering. Although pretty to look at, we have been told that all parts are deadly poison. We have 5 plants on the north side and they are very hardy. All 5 have survived several night in the -5C range. I guess the season/ location is not good because in 8 years they have never set seed. Maybe that's a good thing!




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower and I cannot believe we are talking about winter already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful...hard to believe that something so pretty can be poison! Will the snow soon be flying in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing that they could survive in weather that cold. Poison plants - yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Ian! What are your temps like now? Ours are finally dropping after a glorious fall.
    That plant is lovely, for all its deadly attributes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog today ! I hope all is going good in your world. I love this flower. I have never even heard of it.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lost my comment. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love this flower. I have never even heard of it. I hope all is well with you in your world.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.