Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 16, 2010

The weather forecast is a little gloomy!



Posted by Picasa


We have an arctic high pressure system bearing down on us tonight. Temperatures are expected to be -4 to -6 centrigrade with frost forecast for most of Northern Alberta. Usually, I take these predictions with a grain of salt, but there is a strong possibility that this may actually happen.

While walking Brooklynn at 08: 00 dark, I could barely make out three large waves of Snow Geese way up at about 3000 feet above ground level riding the upper North West winds, heading in a southerly direction. They know what's coming and are getting out of Dodge!

I am sort of ready in that the patio stuff is all in the shed, the hoses uncoupled from the stand pipes, the garden produce all put up. If it does snow tonight, I know it will not stay (I hope!), and I will have a second chance to gather up anything that has been forgotten.

The snow scoop and shovel are handy. My drag plow is ready. Give it a good shot!

If it does hit, most of the leaves that are now yellow and pretty will be knocked off, so it will appear to be a short fall.

On the positive side( there must be one somewhere), no leaves mean an easier time bow and rifle hunting.
I don't have to cut grass anymore this year. When the mud freezes, the horses will have better footing.

2 comments:

  1. That does seem early for snow. Have a great weekend, anyway. Good way to see the "bright" side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo of the Snow Geese. I think I might of ate stuffed goose once when I was a kid but I can't remember what it taste like? Is it legal to hunt them year around?

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.