Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

January 22, 2010

A Late Summer Visitor

 This little fellow( about 6 inches long) was a frequent visitor to our pond. I had to rescue him a couple of times after he slid in and couldn't get out. After that he learned. The dogs seemed to know that he was not edible, and left him alone. It's hard to believe that beneath the snow buried down deep in the ground, or in the mud of a stream he is sound asleep waiting for the first hints of spring ( as am I). God is great in his plan!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid we made many visits to my grandparents farm in West Texas. My grandmother served us frog legs for dinner a few times.

    That doesn't look like the frog legs we ate.
    I think the kind we killed in my grandfather's pond were bullfrogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is a toad, and I don't think you want to eat him! I don't know anything that does, actually. Dogs, don't. Cats don't. It's a good thing because he is slow, very slow and easy to catch.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.