Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

December 27, 2009

Relaxation!

Well, Christmas has come and gone again. It was pretty quiet with church and grandkids being the focus. There was no let down this year normally associated with the giving of presents as we decided not to do that. The Grandkids each got a small item from us with the majority of the budget going to World Vision supply an animal program.


The weather was extra ordinary today so I grabbed my young mare, saddled her up and went for about an hour’s ride in the fields behind our place. -1C, no wind and about 1 ½ feet of snow, untracked. Very ,very relaxing. With Biz not being ridden for a while due to my wreck last fall, she and I had a couple of major differences of opinion about leaving her buddies, but after circling her a few times, then putting her into the snow plow drifts at the edge of the road for about a half mile, she settled down and we both had fun. This is one of the fun things about the acreage, if the weather improves, you can be riding in about 20 minutes.

Oh yeah, in Alberta, if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, thats what we say about TX, if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes. :) Thats what was so amazing about it snowing....just out of the blue it snowed Christmas Eve and then was done by Christmas day... back to wearing light jackets and clear roads...

    I'm impressed with your courage to ride your horse who was feeling frisky to not do what you wanted...i've never had the courage to challenge my horse. To my daughters dismay, I jump off... it doesn't matter if we are miles from home...if Crimson gets temperamental, I bolt off.... just a big weenie I am. I admire true horse riders. It looks so easy on the movies but, until you ride in the open fields... forget round pens...thats nothing... but riding out in the open on a 1,000 lb animal...its an art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice Christmas!The horse ride sounds so peaceful,well,after you got her on the right path that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get cold just reading some of your posts

    a So. California 'sissy'

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.