Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

December 14, 2009

God works in many Different Ways!

For quite a period of time my wife was hinting that I should get rid of my “wine cellar” and not by drinking it! One day while she was out I kind of figured I could use the extra space that the wine racks were taking up. I think I drank one maybe two bottles over the last couple of years and had no intention of drinking any more, so I started dumping 54 bottles of very good homemade wine into the sink. It really didn’t bother me to see it go.
The next day, our sewage pump from the septic tank to the field failed and I had to haul it out, replace it and re-plumb some of the fittings as the new pump was not a direct replacement.
I tell you it was a much more enjoyable experience smelling nothing but the odour of good wine, than the alternative.
Coincidence, that I dump the wine and have to change the pump the next day? Not likely!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness.. now that was some coincidence...wasn't it!! So even a less then pleasant job.. well, wasn't that bad!

    I came on over after the Old Geezer came by my site, so I came to visit his, and now I am visiting you too! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.