Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 19, 2018

Why Me?

Today, I drove a friend into Edmonton and got back about 1:30 pm. As Daphne was locked in the house all morning, I took her for a bush walk. I had just stopped the car and let her out when she bounded off the trail after something, likely a small bird.

However, it was a skunk! She came back a few minutes later, whining, rubbing her eyes and rubbing her head on the ground. Yep! She was skunked! She was also coughing, sneezing and trying to throw up. Definitely not a happy camper!

I loaded her back into the car, opened the windows and headed for home. My car now smells like a skunk farm. I headed to the vet for the latest in skunk odour removal. They said to forget tomato juice as it doesn't work.

Instead they gave me a recipe that does:

1 cup of lemon juice,
1 cup of dish soap, Dove or Palmolive
1 cup of baking powder.

Mix them all up together and use as a shampoo, rubbing it well in. Then rinse

It worked very well, but I may have to repeat tomorrow. There is still a slight odour.

I sprayed the car heavily with Febreze, but figure on driving with the windows open for a while.

ALL my clothes and 3 dog towels, and jacket went into the washer with 2 power balls. That seems to have worked!

 I hope none of you experience this experience, but can recommend the home made shampoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.